The James Creek Watershed Initiative was formed in 1996 as a grass roots community based organization committed to watershed protection.
The mission of the Initiative is to engage the community in protecting the waters of James Creek and the forest ecosystem surrounding it.
The Initiative’s Goals:
- Maintain the water quality of James Creek
- Prevent degradation and restore damaged areas
- Educate and involve stakeholders in watershed issues
- Facilitate cooperative efforts among multiple agencies
- Build partnership and share knowledge with others
JCWI is a Colorado 501 (c) (3) corporation.
Board of Directors:
Lulu Agolia, Lynda Bell, Sterling Bennink, Buddy Kihm, Rick Rudy, Tim Stokes, Denise Straus, Mark Williams